As a new patient to our practice, we offer a warm welcome and our thanks for choosing us to provide your eye health and vision care. In order for us to establish your file, and provide the most beneficial use of your time with us, the doctors ask you to complete the following tasks and bring the results to your appointment. The doctors need this information in order to give you the best care possible.
- Completed Welcome to the Office Form: This diagnostic information includes personal and family information needed to establish your file, as well as your current eye health and vision status. Your responses will guide our doctors and staff, and remind us to address any significant issues during your visit. This form also contains medical and eye health history questions, since many general health conditions may be associated with visual symptoms and/or eye health problems. Don't worry, you can fill it out when you get here, too.
access form here
- Insurance cards: Our billing staff will call and check your benefits for you. Most medical insurances provide a benefit for "routine" visits, and will cover medical diagnosis. It is not necessary to have separate vision insurance (see our indepth explanation of vision benefits).
- Eyeglasses: Please bring ALL pairs for eyeglasses you currently use, including prescription or non prescription reading glasses, sunglasses, etc. We have instruments to compare the optical power of your old lenses with your new exam findings, thus enabling us to determine and explain how your vision has changed over time. We can also evaluate the condition and fit of your current eye wear.
- Contact Lenses: It is best to wear your current contacts to your appointment if possible. Next best is bring them along in your case. If you wear planned replacement or disposable lenses, it is very helpful if you bring along your cartons or lens packets that indicate the lens series, power, manufacturer, etc.
- List of all medications: A complete list of prescription and non-prescription medications will be required on the health history part of the office form. This may be brought in as a separate list for us to photocopy if you prefer.
- All eye drops, ointments, etc: Please place any eye drops or ointments that you use in a small bag and bring it along with you. Your doctor will review whether these are appropriate or if a better option is available.
- Dilation Explained: The doctor may need to use drops to dilate your eyes in order to fully evaluate their internal health. This has the effect of temporarily increasing sensitivity to light and causing "fuzzy vision" at near (reading) distance. Therefore, if you want new eye wear or feel you may need to select new eye wear, please come 15 to 20 minutes before your appointment time in order to look at our frame selection.
Completing the task list for the items that apply to you will assure you of receiving the most thorough and professional care possible and in an efficient manner. We look forward to your visit!